At Our Wine Coterie, we believe in openness, honesty and trustworthiness.
We are committed to providing a fair, transparent and uncompromising service for all users of our site, alongside complete confidentiality.
To ensure that we achieve the above stated objectives, we follow certain policies guide our company’s actions:
- When valuing wine, we will do so in an open and honest manner using the most up to date auction results.
- We will state the terms explicitly for our customers. A customer would be prompted to agree to the Terms and Conditions when registering as a user on our site. For further details, please see our Terms and Conditions.
- When listing bottles for auction, we will aim to do so clearly and accurately so that buyers understand the product they are bidding on.
- We will always identify and clearly present any damage or condition issues with a product through a combination of description and images on a listing.
- We will never knowingly list a fake or forged product on our site, nor will we encourage the sale or production of counterfeit wines. For further details, please see our Policy on Fraudulent Wines.
- Shill bidding (the placing of a bid on an item by the seller of said item in order to generate a higher price) is strictly forbidden. We will attempt to detect all shill bidding on the site and will take action to stop this.
- It is strictly forbidden for any staff member to utilise knowledge obtained from our website concerning other users in order to unfairly advantage their own buying or selling activities or that of a family member or friend. Any indication that this has happened will be grounds for appropriate disciplinary action.
- We will never divulge details of our users or their buying and selling activities to a third party.
- We are an environmentally conscious company and aim to use as much recycled materials as possible when shipping items and to re-use any functional packaging material which we receive.